Monday, July 13, 2009

Abused Baby (6-09)

Jacob is a great baby and hardly ever cries. Even when he does cry he is so cute. Look at that cute little face. Well, the boys were feeding him a bottle and I was taking pictures. Joshua ended up drinking most of the bottle so Jacob was a little mad. I laid him down on the bed to make another bottle. I was 10 feet away in the bathroom when I heard the thump. Jacob scooted and fell off the bed and hit his forehead on the corner of my nightstand. I felt terrible. Needless to say, I learned my lesson and never leave him on the bed unattended.
Jacob's first bruise. As soon as I picked him up, he stopped crying. I didn't realize it was that bad for a few minutes. He forgave me as soon as I put the bottle in his mouth. He's my fourth baby, you would think I would know better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

been there done worse!

Amy said...

HA! I was totally going to use your last line before I read that you used it. Shouldn't you know better by number 4?!?! (totally kidding)

Rach said...

I think we all have done that.

Mindy Greene said...

You are so cute! Have to say I have done it on all 3 of my kids!! Betty still falls off the bed and couch. I figure one of these days she will learn to go off with her feet first! How else will she learn right :)

April said...

Isn't it amazing how early they can start scooting and rolling off beds? They do it so much earlier than they actually start scooting around on the floor!

Mindy--that's hilarious! She WILL learn eventually. Hopefully sooner than later!

Lady Carolyn said...

He's a boy with 3 big brothers. Falling off the bed once in a while is the least of his worries and hardly the last of his bruises. You're a good mom! :)