Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sock Pet


Justin made this sock pet at school out of one of Jeff's old socks. When it came home it was bald. All the boys liked watching the progress of it growing hair over a few weeks.

6 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

Okay, that's cool - how did he do that???

Amy said...

I want to do that with my kids. Any ideas how they did it?

Debra Goodey said...

It's a man's sock with a different colored toe area. Cut the sock where the middle of the foot would be, put grass seed on the toe area, pack the sock with good soil, put a rubber band tightly around the bottom and decorate the face with buttons or beads. Then put it on a plate, water it daily, put it where the sun can get to it and wait for the hair to grow. I went in and volunteered in the classroom while the kids were making them. It was a huge success. My younger boys also loved watching it grow everyday. Justin gave his a haircut at about 2 weeks. The boys LOVED it.

Natalie said...

Cute idea!

Mindy Greene said...

OMG -- Hunter would totally love that! I will have to do it with him!

Brittney said...

I did that with scout and grace a couple years ago using nylons and made caterpillars. I didn't think of letting them give it a trim. That onr is really cute!